Senior Software Engineer
Sling Media, an EchoStar company, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the team in Foster City, CA.
The Senior Software Engineer will be required to design, develop, and test documents and analyses modules for features of new or upgraded software systems, applications and new products. Develops and/or executes implementation according to project plans and priorities. Responsibilities include coding, editing, documentation and debugging of software based upon internal and customer requirements.
- B.S/M.S in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 3 years of experience in C/C++ software development.
- 2 years Linux SW development experience for RISC based platforms like ARM/MIPS.
- 2 years usage of source code management systems like SVN, Clear Case, GIT.
- 2 years experience with Driver Layers like BCM, ST, Vixs, Zenverge, Marvell, Trident.
- 2+ years of experience in developing software for connected PayTV devices (Satellite/Cable/IP Set-top boxes).
- 2+ years experience with video/audio formats and streaming mechanisms.
- Experience with efficient/secure network discovery, content transferring, JSON, XML is a plus.
- Understanding and experience with HTML, JS is a plus.
- Understanding and using concept of Object Oriented Programming, SW patterns, UML.
- Efficient in use and creation of technical documentation, following Software process.